For more than 54 years I have been at the cutting edge of diplomacy, electronic media, public relations, consultancy for international clients, accomplished author of articles in international renown publications and an accomplished speaker at international meetings and national seminars.
Riaan Eksteen . . .
has pursued five different careers with outmost success
- 27 years in South Africa’s diplomatic service of which 15 were as Ambassador (UN NY, UN Geneva, Namibia, Turkey) and also Head of Planning in the Foreign Ministry, as well as a five year tour of diplomatic duty in Washington DC (1968-1973);
- 5 years as CEO of South Africa’s Broadcasting Corporation (SABC);
- two years as Political Analysist on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and Consultant for Baird Communications – one of the largest full-service public relations and public affairs consultancies in Southern Africa;
- Past 20 years as International Consultant and Business Facilitator in Southern Africa;
- Following the successful completion of his doctorate in Politics (October 2018) and launch of his book published by Springer in July 2019, I am now engaged as a Senior Research Associate at the Department of Politics and International Relations, University of Johannesburg.
For more than 54 years I have been at the cutting edge of diplomacy, electronic media, public relations, consultancy for international clients, accomplished author of articles in international renown publications; and accomplished speaker at international meetings and national seminars.
My diplomatic career had these distinguished characteristics: It demonstrated my organisational, diplomatic and negotiating skills. These skills were successfully transferred and employed also in the other careers I pursued and the two I am still practicing today as an international consultant and business facilitator, and as author and speaker on international affairs.